Monday, June 26, 2023

June 26, 2023

 

Art Journal Saturday

June 2023


I mostly blog the class schedules, but I today I wanted to share a bit about our Art Journal Saturday classes.  

Lisa and I enjoy Art Journal Saturday (AJS) every time we offer it.  It's fun and we learn so much from each other.  Our art gets better and better every time we teach it and our students are amazing.  The best part is that experience matters not.  The sample spread can be copied almost to the tiniest detail which allows the inexperienced to learn about how products work and as they learn, they begin to create their own amazing art.

Another thing I love about AJS is how our card making students begin to relax when creating cards.  They become more adventurous and when they make an "oops! oh well!" they find a way to change it to incorporate their "mistake" into a part of their designs.

I thought I would share a few pictures from last Saturday's AJS. 


    Lisa demonstrating one of the techniques she used in her sample.



A few "candid" shots of the classroom and a work in progress.






Some of the finished work below!




I'd like to invite you to join us for AJS in the future.  It's only $20 and you need only bring a basic kit and your art journal or surface to work on.  We provide all the art products, stamps, and stencils...

Dina Wakley will be here in 2 weeks so we won't have AJS during July, but we'll start back up in August!  I hope you'll join us.  It's the best $20 you'll spend to learn art journaling and play with someone else's supplies!

Hope to see you soon!

XOXOX
mAuRa

"Let the Art Out of Your Heart and Create Every Day!"


No comments: