Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Ranger Journal Page Lesson


Scarlton Mini Art Journal Workshop
Saturday, March 10
10 am to 12 pm

Samantha Carlton is a local artist I have become acquainted with through the store and she was recently selected as a Ranger blog contributor featuring Dina Wakley products.  She and I were talking and we decided it would be fun for her to "teach" her 1st Art Journal contribution. 




A little bit about Scarlton.....

I'm Samantha Carlton, know as Scarlyton in the art world.  I am a mixed media artist and art journalist working out of my home studio.  I create what I call "intuitive abstract art" because it allows me to step aside from critical thinking and paint from a place of mindfulness.  During the day I'm a licensed therapist and I enjoy teaching, creating and reading.  My work may be viewed on the Ranger Ink Blog and through Instagram (@scarlyton).  It can also be purchased directly through my social media channels.

A description of the workshop.....

Keeping an art journal can be a great way to express emotions, thoughts and creativity.  Art journaling is perfect for novice and experienced artists because it's flexible, fun, and difficult to mess up!  Join me for a creative class where I'll walk you through your own art journal spread.  You'll learn about my process and favorite techniques to help you get your creativity flowing.  I'm a Ranger Ink junkie and have provided a list of the materials used, but you're welcome to bring what you have or use the items provided by My Heart's Fancy ($5 materials fee).  The shop will have many of the supplies available for sampling and purchasing.  You're going to love them!

WORKSHOP FEE:  $18 (You bring listed Ranger supplies or similar) OR $23 (Ranger supplies provided by My Heart's Fancy)

SUPPLIES YOU WILL NEED: a large art journal or large piece of mixed media paper (approximately 10"x15"), Dina Wakley Media Brushes (or 2 flats in1/2" & 1 inch and 2 rounds in small & medium)

$18 FEE - Please bring the following or similar
  • Dina Wakley Media stamps: Woodcuts
  • Dina Wakley Media stencils: Mini Favorites, Fractured Circles, Plastic Canvas
  • Dina Wakley Media Scribble Sticks: Blackberry, Lemon
  • Dina Wakley Heavy body Acrylic Paint: Lime, Ocean, Cheddar, Magenta, Turquois, Black, Blushing
  • Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool with Foam
  • Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer
  • Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium
  • Ranger Archival Ink Pad: Jet Black
  • Ranger Oho Fudeball Pen
  • Ranger Collage Glue Stick
  • Nonstick Craft Mat
  • Other supplies:  handpainted pattern paper, tissue paper, glue or hot glue gun, packing paper, ruffled muslin, pencil
$23 FEE: All Ranger supplies provided.  Please bring the following:
  • Nonstick Craft Mat
  • Other supplies:  handpainted pattern paper, tissue paper, glue or hot glue gun, packing paper, ruffled muslin, pencil
ENROLLMENT IS NOW OPEN

Enrollment:  You may enroll by email (maura@myheartsfancyok.com), by phone or in person.

Workshop Fees:  Fees are due at the time of enrollment.  You may pay by cash, check, credit card or Paypal if unable to pay in person prior to workshop.

This will be a fun workshop.  I know you'll have a lot of fun while learning.  This workshop will fill fast to be sure to enroll as soon as possible and remember to....

"Let the Art Out of Your Heart and Create Every Day!"


No comments: