I thought I would share the Demo Day Make-it-Take-it for those of you who were unable to make it. As you can see, it was a pretty cool card for Halloween. Change the greeting on the front and it could be a great howdy/birthday card for a gentleman friend, son or husband.
Orange Memory Box card/envelopes
Manila Card Stock
Patterned paper by Authentique
Owl/clock stamp by LaBlanche
Black Onyx Versafine ink pad
Spiced Marmalade Distress ink pad (not shown)
Clear embossing powder
Distress Stains: Antique Linen, Spiced Marmalade, and Fired Brick
Halloween Greeting Stamp (not shown)
- Ink Owl/clock stamp and greeting stamp in Black Onyx Versafine. Stamp on Manila cardstock and emboss with clear embossing powder.
- Apply Antique Linen Distress Stain directly to paper over the owl.
- Apply Spiced Marmalade Distress Stain directly to paper over the rest of the design being careful to avoid the owl.
- Apply Fired Brick Distress Stain directly to paper avoiding clock & owl.
- Distress outer edges of orange card with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink Pad.
- Cut patterned paper smaller than the card and glue to the card.
- Cut out stamped/inked owl design and glue on top of the patterned paper.
- Repeat steps 6 & 7 with greeting and glue to lower right corner area of the card.
Hope you enjoy making this card. It really is a fun way to use Distress Inks. If you would like to learn more about Distress Inks you may visit the Ranger site by clicking HERE.
That's it for now..... Until next post..... Happy Stampin'!